Saturday, July 01, 2006

Black Canyon of the Gunnison (cont.)

This was my first catch on the Gunnison. It was 15 inches but I'm pretty sure he thought he was a moster the way he fought me.

My brother - in - law Dave pulled out this 21 inch rainbow. When it slid into the net the victory was sweet. The sure gerth was breathtaking. Nice Job Dave. This big guy earned Dave the Snap Shot of the Week on KUTV's Outdoors with Doug Miller.

This male brown was a fighter. The amuzing thing was that it was caught with a jimmy rigged fly rod. Only the best can land one like that.

This was one of the first rainbows caught on the trip and it started something big. Always fun to hook up with a beautiful rainbow....in a river it only gets better.


My attempt at the hamburger hold. A great day of fishing on the Gunnison. This will be a place dear to my heart for years to come.

No comments: